BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Quantitative Analyst for a cutting-edge sports betting consultancy in their London office. The Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for all stages of developing and implementing innovative and successful sporting predictive models. Sports of particular interest would be Tennis, Cricket, American Football and Basketball.
This role would ideally be suited to a talented Quantitative Analyst who enjoys solving complex problems, now looking to master their technical skills and contribute to the knowledge driven environment the company has created.
• A PhD or MSc in statistics, mathematics, physics or other discipline with a strong quantitative component
• Those with equivalent betting industry experience and a strong academic record may also be considered
• Extensive experience using R, Matlab or Python for data analysis and model development
• Experience developing forecasting models including the use of methods such as GLMs, Monte Carlo simulation, numerical optimisation, smoothing and Bayesian statistics
• Experience with either python, C++ or Java
• A basic understanding of databases (preferably Postgres)
• Familiarity with the betting industry and/or sports prediction models