BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Football Odds Compiler for a leading gaming company in their Dublin office. The Football Odds Compiler will be responsible for generating incremental revenue through odds compilation and analysis.
This role would ideally be suited to an individual with previous experience in a trading room, however this could also be suitable to a recent graduate with a strong understanding of sports betting and trading who is keen to develop a career in Sports Trading.
• Compilation of prices & team ratings for a variety of leagues for the purposes of improving outright pricing and early life cycle event pricing
• Independent pricing of football matches to improve margin early in the life cycle of the events
• Bespoke probability calculations for Airton Risk Sports Insurance business and other ad hoc determination of probabilities for a range of business requirements such as online promotions
• Analysing performance. You’ll need to interpret data to inform future pricing and ratings adjustments
• Communicating with the Risk & Trading Operations function. Presentations and Reporting to showcase the performance of the team
• Revision of team ratings based on latest injury news, closing exchange prices, team performance and many other variables
• Testing new models, markets and football related products
• Submitting analysis for the monthly performance analysis reports for senior business stakeholders
• Interpreting information on the real time bet streams to make important risk management decisions
• The football trading team is a well-oiled unit – odds compilers need cooperate with and support the Risk and Product functions to ensure the product runs smoothly end to end
• Problem solving. You’ll need to think on your feet and find solutions when day to day operations aren’t running smoothly!
• Experience of trading/odds compilation is an advantage but if Football is your passion and you’re good with numbers we want to hear from you
• An undergraduate degree in a mathematical/data science discipline or similar is essential
• An enthusiasm to learn