BettingJobs.com is currently seeking a Football Trader for a market leading sportsbook in their Gibraltar office. This role combines Risk Management, Customer Management, Odds Compilation and general market awareness. The Football Trader will maintain the Football product in accordance with the trading strategy and risk management guidelines.
This role would be well suited to an experienced Football Trader looking to develop their career with a market leading sportsbook.
• Ensure flexibility within the role - remain adaptable to compilation, trading, market driver awareness, Trading development and product development.
• Delivery of product, specifically the production and trading of prices for events, across all platforms and labels.
• Trade a high volume of events and manage market risk in accordance with liability management procedures and market conditions.
• Monitor betting markets and customer betting patterns in real time.
• Monitor prices and control liabilities.
• Generate specialised markets and prices.
• Maintain internal relationships with Marketing and PR teams to maximize publicity opportunities and engagement with the media.
• Monitor and identify customer behaviour in real time, performing effective profiling of the customer base and providing detailed analysis/reporting on daily performance.
• Resolve technical and operational incidents in real time and escalate where appropriate.
• Ensure accuracy of pricing and event management in line with department strategy.
• Develop and maintain key relationships with other Traders, Senior Traders, Operational managers and Heads of Trading functions.
• Adhere to risk management guidelines.
• Identify and/or report technical deficiencies to Technical Manager / Head of Football.
• Identify improvements to trading applications and capabilities
• Experience in a Football Trading position.
• Good understanding of the Asian market.
• Highly numerate with a solid grasp on numbers, odds and their significance
• Analytical or statistical background.
• Ability to overcome technological difficulties calmly whilst demonstrating a positive outcome mentality.
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment in a professional manner
• Flexibility around working times (including unsociable hours/weekends).
• Strong time management skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong communications skills.
• Team player that encourages and supports all other members of the team.
• Critical thinker.
• Ability to think outside the box