Head of Customer Retention – Tallinn, Estonia
A successful and fast-growing online gaming company is growing their team in their Tallinn HQ and is searching for a Head of Customer Retention. Their aim is to deliver a an industry-leading online gaming experience for all players.
In the new position as Head of Customer Retention, you and your team will be a big part of the player journey and you will be responsible for delivering a great user experience that will drive improvements in our retention and customer lifetime value.
Within the Marketing function, the plan is to create teams of expertise across all products and markets. This also means that the business wants to empower you and your team members in the customer retention team to use your expertise to make decisions, learn from your results and grow personally and professionally.
In this role, you will be
… the beating heart of customer retention activities across all markets and products. You will embrace the responsibility to develop a long-term player retention strategy that will improve CLV and retention through a clear focus on personalisation and improved customer experience.
As the leader of the Retention Team, you can’t wait to build and develop a passionate and best in class team that is capable of developing and optimising the retention strategy and tactic in close co-operation with key stakeholders from our Marketing, Growth and Customer Operations functions.
Your team’s responsibilities
• Successfully plan and execute the player retention strategy in close collaboration with key stakeholders across our Marketing, Growth and Customer Operations functions
• Manage and optimise player segmentation with stakeholders to improve User Experience and CLV through ever-increasing relevance for players
• Manage retention focused on- and off-site communication with existing players
• Plan and implement internal and external promotions and offers for players
• Identify & deliver VIPs to our VIP team within our Customer Operations function
• Review and analyse completed activities with key stakeholders to identify areas of improvement, and implement changes to future actives
• Drive requirements for new features for CRM tools and improvements of existing tools in close cooperation with stakeholders from Product
• Day-to-day leadership of your team
• Cooperate with the Chief Marketing Officer and the People and Organisation function to ensure a work environment and culture that allows your team to excel, learn and improve
• Develop, implement and adjust retention strategies across products and markets that exceeds goals for the team, function and organisation
• Report on performance across products and markets
• Own and maintain SLAs with stakeholders to ensure effective cooperation and communication with other teams within Marketing, Growth and Customer Operations functions.
Your profile includes the following
• Proven track record of successfully leading teams towards a shared end goal
• You are analytical, able to communicate precisely and can contextualise concepts, thoughts, aims and results
• You love and encourage testing, optimising, adapting and automating recurring activities
• You make data-driven and experience-driven decisions co-exist
• Pragmatic and able to manage long-term goals with short-term wins
• Ability to cooperate and work effectively across teams and functions
• You have a minimum of three years’ experience working with customer retention, working across multiple markets and with practical understanding of the benefits of user segmentation.
Experience with customer retention within iGaming is a plus.
What the interesting candidate is not
• Silo oriented. You are instead all about involving colleagues across the organisation to create successes for everyone
• Thinking of email or SMS as the only communication channels. You are looking to utilise a variety of other communication channels depending on what the player prefers and what is available
• Thinking that bonuses and other discounts are the catch-all to improve customer retention and CLV.
For consideration, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.