Betting Jobs is currently looking for a Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst to join an exciting and fast growing company in the sports and gambling sector, based in London. The company is operating a highly innovative new trading platform that lies outside financial markets, but sharing many of the same principles as those markets. The company are looking for a Market Risk Quant / Analyst to guide the risk and market making strategy through to the next stage of development. It is likely that the applicant will have had significant experience of financial markets and be able to apply that knowledge and those principles to the market. It requires a knowledge of trading and market making, and a strong mathematical background.
This role covers requirements identification, model performance assessment and implementation into production, including documentation. The successful candidate will take ownership of individual methodology development items from upfront analysis phase and model description to functional specifications and UAT.
• Agree approach with management team
• Check feasibility of implementation approach with IT & Operations
Provide models to anticipate outcomes and risk
• Justify modelling choices, assumptions, data selection, model
inputs, risk sensitivities, market data
• Post grad degree in quant finance, maths, physics, engineering, etc.
• Quant abilities in: Probability, Stats,
• Experience of large datasets & market data methodologies
• Ability to work with databases
• Good knowledge of financial products and financial markets
• Good knowledge of risk management
• Ability to take ownership of issues/modules and deliver to deadline
• Highly analytical, self-motivated, with a structured approach
• Some ability to code and automate would be an advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Willing to train junior colleagues