Betting Jobs are working with a well-recognised operator in online betting as they seek to hire an experienced infrastructure engineer for their growing Gibraltar office. Contact us today for further details.
Purpose of the role:
We are seeking a helpful and experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. A can-do attitude and eagerness to learn will be paramount for this role. On any given day, we are improving the scalability and resilience of our systems, driving adoption of best practices within an agile framework, and automating every process along the way. Therefore, a dynamic knowledgeable profile is desirable. We want you to push the technological boundaries, so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and stimulating working environment to allow you to deliver awesome technology.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, development software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Advertise DevOps culture.
• Automation of processes and daily routines.
• Work with development, testing, end users and others to identify and resolve bottlenecks in the path to production.
• Provide technical direction to establish, align and evolve operational standards.
• Troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and systems.
• Using existing ticketing systems.
• You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern with other engineers.
• Support of a Linux production environment, including Operating System, Storage, Web Layers and Cloud Technologies and work in a DevOps oriented solution including tools such as Ansible, Docker, Terraform.
• Design, implement and architect new solutions for the above environment.
• Manage and monitor the services, including provisioning of new hardware, virtual machines and containers and analysing problems that impact services.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
● Proven experience working in an infrastructure focused team.
● 2-3 years of experience working as UnixOps/DevOps.
● +5 years’ experience analysing, troubleshooting, supporting and resolving issues within a multi-tiered application architecture, especially service-oriented and micro-services architecture requiring 24x7 availability.
● An appreciation for DevOps methods (communication, collaboration, integration & automation).
● Excellent knowledge of Linux, Cloud computing principles, Automation and auto provisioning tools.
● Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability.
● Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
● Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to work under pressure.
● An amazing attention to detail.
● Good written communication skills.