Betting Jobs is currently looking for a Games Mathematician to join a successful games provider based in their Malta office. This is the ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about game development who can bring ideas to life. You will work alongside industry experts and collaborate with product owners, designers and artists, bringing together in depth mathematical modelling and gameplay to underpin exciting, effective game mechanics. You will be involved in the game creation process from start to finish and be the representative of the game mechanics within the design process.
• Quickly bring rough game ideas to life;
• Tweak prototypes into final game mechanics and produce game mechanical specifications to game developers
• Work out the math models for games
• Follow your games through the development process and support the development teams
• Work with product owners, designers and artists, to create exciting games.
• You know how slots work and what makes players love and hate them
• You have a basic mathematical intuition. This role is more about mathematical and game mechanical solutions, than visual solutions
• You can put yourself in a players’ shoes and make game mechanics that are fun to play
• You are thorough in your work – you will need to eliminate every single small mistake in your math models via testing and troubleshooting
• iGaming experience or Video Slot experience
• Commercial experience as a software developer
• Degree in mathematics, computer science or related