BettingJobs.com are currently seeking and experienced Compliance Officer to lead the compliance function of a well-established yet growing gaming company on the South Coast.
As Senior officer of Regulatory Compliance you will be responsible for overseeing regulatory aspects of the operation with a focus on the UK as well as continental Europe including Italy and Spain.
This position would be well suited to an experienced Compliance professional from the online gaming industry now looking to take on a senior leadership position within a compliance function. Familiarity with regulatory requirements in multiple territories including the UK, Spain and Italy would be a distinct advantage.
• Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of regulatory guidelines and internal policies
• Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
• Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
• Draft, modify and implement company policies
• Collaborate with corporate counsels to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
• Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
• Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
• Prepare reports for CEO and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
• Advise the business leadership on regulatory and legal considerations as the business grows and develops
• Proven experience as Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer or equivalent
• 7 or more years in compliance, legal or regulatory functions
• In-depth knowledge of our industry’s standards and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Ability to work within cross-functional teams
• A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
• Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
• An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
• Excellent communication skills
• Legal experience
• BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
• Certified compliance professional is a plus
• Ability to speak additional European languages (particularly Spanish and Italian) would be a distinct advantage.