Betting Jobs are working with the mobile development team of a well-established name in online betting, keen to hire an experienced iOS specialist for a role within a growing department.
Purpose of the role:
We are part of a small, nimble iOS development team, that works on distinct projects in a growing suite of best of breed app portfolio. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift, experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS applications, as well as experience with collaborating on large software projects. You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Write lean, performant, highly maintainable and scalable software.
• Develop, participate and code new features for native iOS applications.
• Take feature requests and technical requirements and translate them into working software using elegant code solutions.
• Participate in and/or take ownership over the internal software architecture and feature development, from requirements gathering to design and implementation, to production deployment.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Identify and correct bottlenecks, and fix bugs.
• Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• Deep knowledge of the iOS platform, OOP, architectural and software design patterns.
• Up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies in native mobile app development.
• Good understanding of the creation and consumption of RESTful Web Services.
• Experience with React Native and/or other web technologies (JS, HTML and CSS).
• Aptitude for benchmarking and optimisation.
• Love for new technologies and innovation.
• Motivated self-starter with a high attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
• Strong focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Exceptional communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
• Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
• Familiarity with continuous integration.
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
• Hands on, persistent, creative, and humble.
• You get things done.