BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Director of Compliance for a top tier gaming company. Working from their London office you will be responsible for devising and implementing and Compliance strategy and rolling this out across the business.
This role will be well suited to an experienced Compliance professional who is now looking to lead the Compliance function for an industry leading gaming company.
• Management of the groups compliance function.
• Ensuring business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
• Serving as liaison and developing relationships with local and foreign regulators and legal bodies.
• Liaising with other companies, service providers, external legal advisors, local government, regulatory authorities (local and foreign) and relevant service providers in various jurisdictions.
• Ensuring local and foreign regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
• Continually risk assessing company practices and policies, including conducting regular compliance reviews of internal departments.
• Developing internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
• Providing guidance and training in business-wide compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulations applicable to the business.
• Providing reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments to the Board of Directors.
• Preparing compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal and regulatory purposes.
• Maintaining and reviewing legal agreements.
• Responding to queries and investigations conducted by various official bodies as the principal point of contact.
• Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance.
• Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties.
• Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives. Networking and participating in training as appropriate to maintain own professional expertise and CPD.
• Undertaking other reasonable duties.
• 8 - 10 years in a similar role within the online gaming industry.
• Integrity and accountability.
• Proven commercial acumen.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to influence and quickly build strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong working knowledge of compliance matters and the ability to apply it to a variety of situations.
• Ability to understand complex legal information and explain it to operational staff in a straightforward way.
• Excellent prioritising skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills.
• Proactive and results-driven approach.
• Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Committed to upholding professional standards.