Our client is looking for a management accountant to join their team in Rome.
The primary aim of this role is to play a key part in the preparation of monthly management accounts and group consolidated accounts while assisting the Financial Controller with the compilation of KPI and variance analysis information for the organisation.
• Revenue accounting and analysis; Business planning and forecasting;
• Coordination of annual budgets process;
• Maintaining a fixed Assets register and depreciation calculations;
• Supporting with period-end reconciliations of intercompany accounts, salary reconciliations, VAT reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and transfer pricing exercise;
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements and liaising with external auditors
• Purchase ledger and Sales Ledger postings
• Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements and undertaking financial administration and internal audits
• Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure
• Assisting with the training, supervision and management of junior colleagues
• Supporting the development and management of financial systems/policies
• Preparing financial statements and ensuring company spending is in line with budgets
• Analysing company's financial performance and making longer term forecasts, while recommendations
• Providing information for audits and working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
• Embrace business intelligence tools available and find ways to automate reporting;
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and consolidated reporting;
• Supporting the creation of business strategies to generate shareholder value.
• Additional finance duties and activities as may be required for the performance of duties
• 3yrs+ accountancy experience and experience of working in an accounting/ audit environment.
• Proficient in accounting packages, advanced knowledge of MS applications with strong excel skills.
• Experience in a similar role in finance iGaming and/or in sports betting role an asset
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills, proactive ethos and high work standard.
• Strong interpersonal and team-player skills.
• Evaluates issues and defines solutions with good and strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work efficiently, effectively and productively with initiative and drive under tight timescales.
• Experience in and understanding of, working with multinational companies.
• Proven capability as a problem solver with an ability to work individually or as part of a team
• Ability to manage (not just report) and challenge conventions while producing continuous improvements.
• Adaptable and willing to be flexible to cover the wide range of activities needed within a growing company
• Capable of providing informative and constructive recommendations, demonstrating clarity of thought and able to contribute opinions effectively.
• Self-organisation and ability to respond to and meet changing priorities quickly.
• Possesses a 'Can do' attitude and able to work with different cultures and regulatory requirements.
• Reliable & presentable team player with the ability to self-motivate and work under own initiative.
• Loyal and committed to providing reliable support and work the required hours.
• Well organised, able to respond to changing priorities quickly with good time management skills, work under own initiative and with excellent attention to detail.
• A willingness to travel on a regular basis when required.