Betting Jobs is currently looking for a Insight Analyst to join a market-leading company's sportsbook team in their Vienna office. The Insight Analyst will implement varying analytical techniques and tools to provide the business with actionable insights that will drive the sportsbook forward. This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst to join in a challenging new role with an successful company, and in an exciting location.
• Understanding the business, especially sports operations, trading, customer risk and sports product, to ensure analytical needs are met.
• Review business performance general + quality monitoring with focus sports operations, customer risk and trading (identify betting patterns/model or trading ops issues) -what went well; what could be improved
• Optimization of betting program/content in terms of event coverage (b2b comparison vs. alignment on delivery with trading ops), certain quality parameters (e.g. uptime, live bet delay, bet corrections, ...)
• Sports operations budget planning and re-forcasting
• Ad-hoch reports target specific betting patterns or product assessment, customer focused assessments
• Understanding and improving the players experience on site.
• Pro-actively analysing the available business data from multiple sources to provide timely and actionable insight.
• Keeping up to date with market trends and competitor innovations.
• To keep open and continue communications with your manager and your team with regard to workload and projects.
• Act as a customer champion, ensuring the voice of the customer is represented in our product and sports operations activities.
• Deliver analysis into comprehensive insight documents which should be focused to different parts of the business.
• Communicate market overview insights in a tailored and creative format across departments, identifying key business implications.
• Excellent modeling, analytical and numerical capabilities.
• Masters in Applied Mathematics or similar
• Experience working with Excel and SQL is preferred, whilst previous experience using the likes of R, Splunk and Google Big Query is an advantage.
• Ability to turn complex concepts into actionable recommendations.
• Ability to influence decision making processes i.e. persuasiveness and assertiveness
• Ability to see the 'big picture,' evaluate the business impact of issues and prioritise various requests.
• Ability to learn in a fast changing work environment.
• Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations to senior stakeholders as well as colleagues within the team and those across the wider business.
• Self driven and reliable personality to assure accurate and reliable execution
• Adaptable and flexible with an ability to multi task.
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to handle the full range of business affairs including negotiation in English