Betting Jobs are looking to hire a Front-end Developer for a very well-established client based in their technical offices on the Isle of Man.
Reporting to the Department Head, as MEAN Stack Developer, you will be a key member of the Software Quality Assurance Team. You will be responsible for design, build, deploy, and maintain test automation scripts using the most appropriate automation technology available.
In this role, you will be directly involved with the testing of the front-end (functional testing and asset validation) using Regression and Browser compatibility suites that run at the certification stage.
Occasionally, you will be required to provide solutions to ad-hoc testing requests where automation is determined to be beneficial to the business outcome.
Our portfolio contains native apps, web apps and web pages. They spread across multiple platforms, OS and gaming licences, and are developed using Agile methodologies and continuous integration. You will integrate with the build server to run suites to evaluate the product’s sanity.
The role is available to individuals with experience on automation. However, we are willing to meet developers interested in starting a new career path!
• Develop robust, well-documented and clean code.
• Implement the Automation Roadmap to expand current coverage of Automation.
• Participate in the daily stand-up calls and Sprint planning meetings with the rest of the Automation team.
• Contribute to the overall Automation Strategy.
• Working with Development, Product, and the other members of the QA team, understand at a system level all the products of our portfolio, their components and how they interact.
• Support the Test Leads and Testers on their automation effort – from identifying good automation candidates, to troubleshooting their scripts.
• Per product and sprint, identify automated test dependencies and risks to ensure that they are mitigated, adequate and promptly.
Skills and Capabilities
• Experience with data bases, including MongoDB
• Experience with the Agile development methodology
• Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
• Problem-solving mind – able to see a gap and create a solution
• Proactive and supporting team player
• Understanding of the principles of Continuous Integration
• Experience with Jenkins or Bamboo
• Experience using version control tools, ideally BitBucket
• Experience with JIRA as development planning tool
• Understanding of networks LANs, WLANs, virtual and Docker
• Experience with Selenium, Webdriver, Appium and Selenium Grid
• Experience with testing frameworks, including TestNG and Protractor
• Understanding of Angular.js and Backbone
• Experience with eggPlant Functional, and its programming language SenseTalk
• Excellent time management skills, as well as planning and organising
• Experience as user in poker, casino or sports betting
• Focus on the customer
• Work as a team
• Strive for excellence
• Have courage
• Show passion