Betting Jobs are currently working with a successful slots provider based in Prague who are expanding their technical team. In doing so, they are looking for a Senior Database Administrator/Developer.
Description: They are looking for exceptionally talented MS-SQL DBA with an outstanding track record reflecting achievements and skills in maintaining and improving a large database environment to support the development teams. They’re looking for a leader who is passionate about the performance tuning, scalability, architecture, automation, process improvement and new technologies.
• Provides DBA support for installing, upgrading and maintaining multiple MS SQL Server environments and applications;
• Assists in applying infrastructure and procedure changes, planning, recommending and implementing changes to SQL Server architecture
• Provides assistance in planning for capacity needs of upcoming system projects;
• Creates and maintains SQL objects for development, test and production environments;
• Tests and implements new releases of SQL Server-related software;
• Assists in designing physical data structures to support application requirements, developing performance reviews and tuning recommendations for applications; recommending and overseeing database enhancements;
• Helps control and monitor user access and activity levels;
• Analyzes and resolves database and application issues affecting SQL Server environments;
• Plans, implements, tests and documents backup and recovery procedures;
• Prepares documentation of systems and system changes, prepare project status reports where required.
• Responsible for database scripts code reviews.
• Responsible for improving database performance in regards projects implementations.
• Design Database objects and methods with high quality and performance oriented.
4+ years of practical experience as a Database Administrator in Microsoft SQL Server (2008 & Later)
• 4+ years of practical experience creating database objects like tables, stored procedures, functions, indexes and views.
• 4+ years of practical experience creating database scripts to retrieve data and process it, example migration of data or implementation of business logic in scripts.
• 4+ years of practical experience reviewing and coaching developer’s scripts.
• Ability to work well as part of a team and to form liaisons with other groups to achieve stated objectives.
• Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
• Experience in PostgreSQL and different databases – a plus
• Experience in performance tuning and database design; and capacity planning and sizing SQL Server environments; and in MSSQL database replication and high availability.
• Knowledge of monitoring and alerting applications
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize logical data models to design solutions for databases.
• Ability to move projects forward on a schedule with little direct supervision.
• Dedication to producing quality work and completing tasks within specified time frames.
• MCSA or equivalent required. (MCSE preferred)
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.