Betting Jobs are looking to hire a Senior Project Manager for one of the leading names in sports betting trading and technology.
The role will report into the Portfolio and Programme Manager and is responsible for the planning and delivery of projects across the group. The Project Manager will ensure key strategic projects are delivered according to effective analysis, planning and management techniques. The successful candidate will have significant experience in project management. They will be passionate about the successful delivery of the company's goals and ensuring the business works to a process that achieves these aims effectively.
• Assist with the initiation of projects to ensure that all work is fully scoped, business requirements are agreed, and cost / timescale estimates are accurate.
• Work with technology and business units to ensure that projects are delivered to time, cost, quality and business benefits are achieved.
• Maintain an effective relationship with project sponsors, and deputise for sponsors as required.
• Produce timely and accurate reporting and documentation as required by the Group’s governance structure.
• Develop the project time and resource plan and ensure adherence to the plan by all relevant parties.
• Attend Project Review meetings, Steering Committees and Post Implementation Reviews as required and ensure that resultant actions are assigned, circulated and progressed within the agreed timescales.
• Co-ordinate project team members and prioritise tasks as appropriate.
• Manage the Governance Confluence space, ensuring all key information is up to date, accurate and displayed in a clear and coherent structure.
• Manage external and internal resource to ensure successful delivery of projects.
• Assist with implementing new procedures within the Portfolio Management Office to strengthen the delivery of programmes and projects.
What they’re looking for:
• Practical experience of multi-disciplined project co-ordination: project development life-cycles, best practice and quality standards.
• Familiarity with project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project, Confluence).
• Proficiency with other Microsoft Office core products (in particular Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team effectively. Has the ability to resolve problems and drive issues/opportunities to rapid resolution by ensuring cross team alignment and communication.
• Proven track record of delivering against targets.
• Well organised and able to prioritise and manage multiple projects. Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way.
• Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks. Able to manage detail without being drawn in, and to ensure tasks are followed through to resolution.
• Excellent oral communication, presentation and networking skills.
• Must possess a consultative approach with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Proven people-development skills and an ability to motivate others.
• Knowledge of the sports betting or financial trading industry;
• A passion for sport.