BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Football Trader for a market leading Sportsbook. You will provide Football trading expertise for both pre-match and in-play markets. The Football Trader will be responsible for the development of the Football product through effective risk management, customer management, market awareness and odds compilation.
· Ensure flexibility within the role - remain adaptable to compilation, trading, market driver awareness, Trading development and product development.
· Delivery of product, specifically the production and trading of prices for events, across all platforms and labels.
· Trade a high volume of events and manage market risk in accordance with liability management procedures and market conditions.
· Monitor betting markets and customer betting patterns in real time.
· Monitor prices and control liabilities.
· Generate specialised markets and prices.
· Maintain internal relationships with Marketing and PR teams to maximize publicity opportunities and engagement with the media.
· Monitor and identify customer behaviour in real time, performing effective profiling of the customer base and providing detailed analysis/reporting on daily performance.
· Resolve technical and operational incidents in real time and escalate where appropriate.
· Ensure accuracy of pricing and event management in line with department strategy.
· Develop and maintain key relationships with other Traders, Senior Traders, Operational managers and Heads of Trading functions.
· Adhere to risk management guidelines.
· Identify and/or report technical deficiencies to Technical Manager / Head of Football.
· Identify improvements to trading applications and capabilities.
· Minimum 2 years experience as a football trader.
· Good understanding of the Asian market.
· Highly numerate with a solid grasp on numbers, odds and their significance
· Analytical or statistical background.
· Ability to overcome technological difficulties calmly whilst demonstrating a positive outcome mentality.
· Ability to work in a fast-moving environment in a professional manner
· Flexibility around working times (including unsociable hours/weekends).
· Strong time management skills.
· High attention to detail.
· Strong communications skills.
· Team player that encourages and supports all other members of the team.