We are looking for an experienced product owner to join our team in Malta. In this role, you will work closely together with a cross functional development team on one of our most important websites. The work you do will affect the way our site visitors engage with our site and will influence the growth of the brand.
What you’ll do
● Work closely with a team of skilled designers, developers and performance marketers to set and communicate the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for the website.
● Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you collaboratively provide for Blexr’s short and long-term objectives
● Participate in our regular SAFe programme increment (PI) planning events
● Work closely with subject matter experts to define the metrics and KPI’s used to measure the health of the core product – to focus on how these improve over time
● Advocate and advance modern product development practices within the team
● Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
● Make sure that your team is working on the right things and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support
● Work closely with development teams, product owners, agile coaches and stakeholders to ensure we deliver value in a sustainable manner
● Work with the recruiting team to attract, hire, onboard and retain diverse top talent
Who you are
● You have 7 + years experience working as a product owner, business analyst or similar, in high performing, cross functional teams
● You have a solid understanding of affiliate marketing
● You have a sound understanding of what it takes to build and maintain large scale web sites and are comfortable facilitating and participating in the tactical decisions made amongst the team
● You have excellent communication skills with which to build trusting relationships and respect and are able to leverage this to grow people to support rapid growth
● You have demonstrated strong leadership skills whilst working with product development teams
● You are excited about making culture choices that positively impact the team.
● You have familiarity and experience in making use of agile methodologies and tools.
● You can lead the entire product lifecycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or product retirement
● You can clearly communicate the vision, plans, objectives, performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders – tailoring communication as appropriate to ensure relevance to the audience
● You will work from our office in Malta but will able to travel to our remote development teams in Europe when needed.
Key Skills/Domain Knowledge
● 7 + years of experience as a senior product manager in eGaming or Forex or with a company that operates an affiliate business model
● Good understanding of PPC, SEO and social media
● Good understanding of affiliate marketing, models and platforms
● Good practical understanding of website analysis tools (Google Analytics/360, Adobe Analytics, Hotjar, crazyegg)
● Good understanding of UX centric design practices
● Adept at communicating concepts and ideas at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications, and reports.
● You care about working in a well-functioning team
● You care about data informed product development
● You have experience with agile development methodology
● Knowledge of a second European language a plus