Betting Jobs is currently looking for a Head of Data Science for a market-leading gaming company. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Data Scientists and work closely with the business to define and deliver advanced predictive models and customer segmentation to support and drive the company strategy. This role is the ideal opportunity for someone with previous experience in a similar position and who has ideally worked in the gaming industry.
• Managing relations with senior stakeholders to define and deliver key data science projects, including behaviour segmentation, predictive modelling, lifetime value modelling, churn prevention, high roller identification, statistical simulations and what if scenarios.
• Developing the abilities of a team of Data Scientists and guiding them in the creation of high quality models and customer segmentation to be used across various areas of the business
• Carrying out customer behaviour analytics in key business areas and delivering actionable recommendations
• Degree (or equivalent) in quantitative area, e.g. Statistics, Maths, Economics
• Proven leadership and stakeholder management capability across multi-disciplinary teams
• Strong relevant experience gained in the application of data mining/advanced analytics, clustering, regression, predictive models, etc.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to drive change and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and teams
• Advanced level of Excel, SQL, Python, R, KNIME, Tableau or equivalent
• Experience working with a Data Warehouse
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English
• Strong planning, organisational, documentation and project management skills
• Ability to function as a self-starter with emphasis on getting things done under pressure of tight deadlines
• A results-oriented team player
• Experience in the Online Gaming industry is preferable
• Knowledge of online poker, casino and/or sportsbook is desirable
• Advanced degree or PhD in desirable