The Technical Director role encompasses the successful execution of the company’s technical strategy through management of its development team. The remit will be to approach technology from a product point of view, leading both development and technical operations whilst offering commercial insights.
• Delivering a best-in-class user experience to all players on all platforms on all devices.
• Lead and prioritise development across all our platforms.
• Lead and motivate a development team consisting of a network specialist, designers, QAs, front-end and back-end developers.
• Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company’s games.
• Define the company’s software development methodology and quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
• Product manage the development with the player experience as a starting point.
• Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
• Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organisation of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
• Establish standards of performance and monitor staff through performance reviews and the performance of the development team as a whole through KPIs.
Formal Education & Certification
University degree in the field of computer science and/or business administration. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
• Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
• 10 years experience managing web application development.
• 5 years experience in gaming.
• Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework.
• Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
• Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
• Experience working with a LAMP stack
• Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
• Critical thinker and proven leadership ability. Hands on mentality.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptionally self-motivated team builder and motivator.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.