Betting Jobs are working with a modern and exciting analytics business which is active in the online betting and gaming sector. They are looking to expand their engineering team and have an ongoing requirement for backend software engineers with the skills to grow into Scala development. Contact us today for a confidential discussion.
Our backend engineers are involved in everything the company does and deal with all kinds of different challenges. A lot of our code is in Scala, which we are using increasingly, but we still have lots of PHP code, and a few odds and ends in other languages. You don’t need to know Scala for this role, however: we’ll help you learn it if you don’t know it, and many of our engineers had no real Scala experience before they started. We are just looking for great programmers who are passionate about their work. If you like a challenge, and want to work with really smart people, we would like to hear from you.
• Above average programming ability
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Experience of working with web applications
• Available to work in the UK
• Senior and junior applicants welcome
• Computer science degree, or equivalent knowledge
• Distributed systems experience
• Full stack development experience
• Functional programming knowledge