Betting Jobs are seeking a Front-end Engineer to join their client - a football analysis and intelligence company based in London.
About the role
We are looking for engineers who are heavily versed in modern JS development. The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of current best practices, tooling and frameworks, and be able to express clear, well-argued opinions about technical choices.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on our trading and analysis products. Technical challenges include:
• Building realtime trading applications in the browser, handling large quantities of data over WebSocket, and working with modern techniques such as Web Workers and Service Workers.
• Providing tooling to our team of 120+ in-house analysts, focusing on usability, efficiency and user accuracy, as they watch fast-paced live and recorded games.
• Contributing to our club consultancy products, targeting the biggest clubs in the world, working on custom data visualisation that is elegant and effective.
• React/redux (at least 1 years’ commercial experience)
• Modern tooling (TypeScript and webpack preferred)
• Web Workers, Proxies, WebSockets (and other modern browser technologies)
• HTML/CSS (a strong understanding of the fundamentals)
• At least 3 years working as part of a product team
• Functional programming and FRP (especially Ramda, RxJS)
• An appreciation for UX, usability and user-centred development
• Experience in charting/visualisation libraries (such as D3.js)
• Backend experience (Node.js, Scala, or PHP)
• Prior experience in the trading or gaming industries