Betting Jobs are working with a highly-recognisable brand within the betting and trading sector, as they seek a Project Manager for their office in central London. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a highly popular product and in a technology department with a great reputation. Contact us today for a confidential discussion.
Reporting into the Portfolio and Programme Manager, this role is responsible for the effective planning and delivery of projects and initiatives across the group.
You will work with technology and other business units (including trading, commercial and compliance) to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, and the result is capable of achieving the benefits defined in each business case.
The role will be specifically responsible for planning, directing and co-ordinating work streams within a strategic project spanning multiple business areas. You will be expected to manage these work areas using industry standard methods to ensure clear and timely communication to stakeholders.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day running of projects and ensuring they follow a structured process for delivery.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Work with technology and business units to ensure that projects are delivered to time, cost, quality and business benefits are achieved.
• Maintain an effective relationship with project sponsors, and deputise for sponsors as required.
• Produce timely and accurate reporting and documentation as required by the Group’s governance structure.
• Develop the project time and resource plan and ensure adherence to the plan by all relevant parties.
• Assist with the initiation of projects to ensure that all work is fully scoped, business requirements are agreed, and cost / timescale estimates are accurate.
• Attend Project Review meetings, Steering Committees and Post Implementation Reviews as required and ensure that resultant actions are assigned, circulated and progressed within the agreed timescales.
• Co-ordinate project team members and prioritise tasks as appropriate.
• Manage the Governance Confluence space, ensuring all key information is up to date, accurate and displayed in a clear and coherent structure.
• Manage external and internal resource to ensure successful delivery of projects.
• Assist with implementing new procedures within the Portfolio Management Office to strengthen the delivery of programmes and projects.
The successful candidate must have significant experience in project management. They must be passionate about the successful delivery of the organisation’s strategic, operational and financial goals and ensuring the business works to a process that effectively and efficiently achieves these aims.
What we’re looking for:
• Practical experience of multi-disciplined project co-ordination: project development life-cycles, best practice and quality standards.
• Familiarity with project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project, Confluence).
• Proficiency with other Microsoft Office core products (in particular Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team effectively. Has the ability to resolve problems and drive issues/opportunities to rapid resolution by ensuring cross team alignment and communication.
• Proven track record of delivering against targets.
• Well organised and able to prioritise and manage multiple projects. Able to solve problems in a measured and creative way.
• Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks. Able to manage detail without being drawn in, and to ensure tasks are followed through to resolution.
• Excellent oral communication, presentation and networking skills.
• Must possess a consultative approach with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Proven people-development skills and an ability to motivate others.
Extra marks if you have:
• Knowledge of the sports betting or financial trading industry;
• A passion for sport.