A leading online gaming operator is having a unique opportunity for a senior Java developer / architect to join its winning team in Bucharest, Romania and provide technical leadership for the ongoing development, maintenance and support of its winning gaming platform. You will have overall responsibility for the design and implementation of innovative features and functionality across all modules of our iGaming system The system gives total mastery of multiple gaming products and verticals via a single console management system, resulting in a completely unified operation. It includes numerous customization tools, an impressive CMS, robust payment gateway system, reporting and BI features, a sophisticated bonus and loyalty management system and rapid third party integrations.
• Work closely with relevant stakeholders in order to provide efficient technical solutions to various business needs
• Lead the design, estimation, planning, and implementation of all required features and functionality.
• Initiate, plan and lead complicated infrastructure project in order to make sure the system is constantly able to support the growth of the business in the best possible way
• Investigate, debug and decide on the appropriate solutions for production issues
• Provide technical and management leadership to a small team of in house developers and work closely with remote teams. Recruit, mentor and build an effective development team.
• 50% of the time – hands on coding, troubleshooting and optimizations
• Hands-on development and integration of the evolving business functionality on a new iGaming platform in collaboration with on site and also remote teams.
• Adhering to Agile methodology and design principles of the project;
• Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
• Proven experience in design of complicated system and modules as well as high scalability and high availability systems.
• Proven experience in one or more of the following: Groovy (preferably), JMS, Spring
• Proven experience with working with IDE such as Eclipse, NetBeans
• Proven experience with the following: SQL, JSON or XML format, Version control with GIT or Mercurial
• Proven experience in working with SCRUM/AGILE methodologies – a big plus.
• Hard working. Willingness to work during non-standard working hours when required in order to ensure production environment is stable.
• Multi-tasking, great communication skills, ability to communciate effectively in english.
• Demonstrated strong track record of problem-solving
• Ability to work in a methodical and organized manner is essential
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.