Betting Jobs are working with an established betting and lottery provider in South East Asia, seeking to hire an experienced Head of Development to lead an existing team of developers and testers. Contact us today for a confidential discussion.
The Head of Development will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for providing leadership in identifying, assessing, and managing all technology activities in the organization. The position holder will also interface and coordinate with IT OPS for deployment and help scope infrastructure requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
• Overseeing the department and guiding the day-to-day operations of the development team, the individual will direct, coordinate, supervise, facilitate and perform all tasks and elements needed to effect comprehensive integration of appropriate technology into every facet of operations within the company.
• The individual will be accountable for IT development via local and globally distributed 3rd party teams, and ensure that development goals are fully aligned with the corporate goals of the company.
• The role includes recruiting, supervising, mentoring and managing all members of the development team and providing highly motivating and professional leadership in all areas of technology planning and technology resource management.
• The Head of Development will identify and integrate new technology, leveraging across business units and existing IT infrastructure.
• The individual will drive the development business strategy whilst reducing costs, and enhance communications and collaboration internally and across business units.
• Formulate, establish, and execute a clear technical vision and lead the company’s technological development.
• Recruit, motivate, direct and mentor a high-performance team of engineers, developing them at an individual level and delivering high-quality products to customers in an agile manner.
• Lead the full life-cycle development process from product definition/strategy, through design, development, test, release and sustenance for multiple products/components and technology platforms and partnerships.
• Works closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
• Responsible for the technical direction of the company by introducing development standards and practices, testing procedures, methodology use, release and deployment guides, control practices, SLA creation and adherence, and analysis of development performance against company targets and KPIs.
• Own the development methodology – see the big picture and identify potential blind spots, ensuring the team and architecture is adjusting dynamically.
• Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture.
• Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
• Make recommendations on potential improvements in all teams and areas of the business to Senior Management
• Brief the CEO on any technical matters that may require his awareness or review.
• Identify and provide rectification in gaps within the team from with regards to the quality and velocity of development work
• Provide recommendations with product development and optimization with respective business units
• 10 years of experience in open source development, specifically the LAMP stack and front-end technologies such as HTML,CSS,JS and AJAX
• Possess experiences with managing mid-size development teams
• Required to overseeing the product portfolio
• Hands on with all developers hiring and talent developments (training).
• Architecture and implementation of large-scale production-critical systems.
• Deep understanding of technology fundamentals, ideally through a computer science degree or equivalent demonstrable knowledge through in-depth practical experiences.
• Good understanding of Asian product/payment vendors and technology providers.
• Expert in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
• Willing to relocate to South East Asia