BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Head of Football for a leading Sportsbook based in Gibraltar. The Head of Football will be responsible for taking strategic ownership of the football product and ultimately will be responsible for delivering an extremely competitive offering and a first class customer experience.
This role would be ideally suited to an experienced Trading professional currently working in a Head of Football role or similar.
• Take ownership of the Football betting product.
• Design and implement the Football Trading strategy.
• Design and implement work flows ensuring the business operates as efficiently as possible to meet its objectives.
• End to end management of football traders comprising of day to day operational, recruitment & appraisals.
• Communicating to key business stakeholders trading performance and operational decisions.
• Work closely with other departments in the business both internally and externally, in particular;-
o Developers/Quants – identifying weaknesses/improvements necessary to improve pricing and profitability.
o Close relationship with marketing, suppliers and regulatory departments – be aware of business requirements on licensing issues relevant to the Football betting offer.
• Collaborative approach to problem solving in liaison with Product team
• Hands on approach towards customer management and factoring.
• A minimum of 10 years trading experience is preferred and at least 5 years working in a senior capacity within a Football centred trading department.
• Thorough understanding of all betting content requirements for Football. Likewise, a thorough understanding of competitor offerings and assessing where the business is placed in comparison.
• Thorough understanding of the mechanics of betting and pricing for Football.
• Thorough understanding of the regulatory requirements for the Football product – specifically in relationship to the odds/pricing and specific market requirements or restrictions.
• A Football enthusiast with a thorough understanding of the sport.
• An ability to remain focused and to deliver high quality work under pressure.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate results and actions for presentations.
• Strong team leadership skills and proven track record of managing a team
• Flexibility with working hours and the willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays in line with company requirements.