Bettingjobs are looking for a System Administrator/DBA and the responsibilities involved will be:
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Ensure secure environments, compliant with international regulations
• Take ownership of top severity incidents and ensure that they are handled and followed through to completion.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Provision MySQL/MariaDB instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations.
• Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
• Prepare documentations and specifications.
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
What you offer
Innovation and transformation demands guts and entrepreneurship to be able to identify and resolve any and all challenges together with your team. And to put your hands to the wheel rather than sitting back and waiting for things to happen. And that’s why we need the very best people, which means that you have:
• Proven work experience as a DBA.
• Technical support experience, system engineering and administration experience.
• Strong familiarity with supporting high-volume eCommerce websites
• Scripting skills: bash, zsh, etc.
• Network issues troubleshooting, VPN.
• Strong understanding and familiarity with supporting a broad spectrum of environments, systems, and software, including (but not limited to) Linux, Windows, Apache, Nginx, SQL, and PHP-based applications.
• Ability to quickly analyze issues and determine possible causes, and to identify appropriate solutions or escalation paths. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
• Proven experience in virtualization and containerization.
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile/Lean principles.
• Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
• Ability to work on a rotational shift basis, on weekends, and outside of typical business hours.
Also, you will:
• Be familiar with continuous integration tools.
• Have superb communication skills in both written and spoken English.
• Have teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.