BettingJobs is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join a market leading gaming company in their London office. This person will be responsible for conducting analysis and using data extensively to contribute to the strategy of the company. This is a good opportunity for someone working in a data-focused position, looking to progress within a market leading gaming company and continue developing their technical skills.
• Bring a combination of mathematical and scientific rigour, entrepreneurial thinking, and a hunger to understand and interpret data that drive the company forward.
• Learn and develop new techniques.
• Translate unstructured, complex business problems into practical, reporting structures and powerful algorithmic solutions.
• Design, execute, and analyse live experiments to test what you build.
• Work closely with engineers, product managers, and all marketing related organisations within the company.
• The reporting structure you develop will help to provide clarity to every layer of stakeholders to A/B test quickly and rigorously. You will have direct, measurable impact to the bottom line.
• SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse databases, and work effectively with relational database systems.
• Good working knowledge of QlikSense and ability to generate dashboards and reports
• Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous.
• Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python (and also Excel) for analytical purposes
• Stats: Understanding the appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques to use in different circumstances.
• Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues the business wants to solve, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions.
• Experience working in the gaming industry would be an advantage and is preferable.