BettingJobs is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join a leading provider in the gaming industry, based in their Malta office. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the company's accounting needs for Malta, whilst also taking responsibility for processing payments, invoices, payables and receivables. This is a good opportunity for someone looking to make a step up, taking on more responsibility whilst also willing to complete day-to-day work.
• Identifying and setting up the best infrastructure for local accounting, together with the finance team
• Setting up the right procedures and optimising them to ensure that all incoming and outgoing payments are performed effectively
• Keeping track of incoming and outgoing funds
• Processing player payments, and finding ways to ensure these are done in the most efficient and effective manner
• Reviewing, verifying and approving provider invoices
• Managing all aspects of payables and receivables, and managing effective communication with our partners and providers on such matters
• Performing financial analyses, forecasts, projections and budgeting as required
• You own a degree in Accounting/Auditing/ACCA or other relevant subjects
• You have a strong knowledge of the local VAT and taxation system, and are able to quickly learn the nuances of taxation and regulatory environments of other countries
• You are perfectly fluent in spoken and written English (Spanish or French will be considered an asset)
• You have at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
• You are organised, efficient, analytic, resourceful and solution orientated
• You are stress resilient and you can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• You are willing to go the extra mile and occasionally perform tasks which are not necessarily within your strict remit, because they need to be done
• You are comfortable with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and have an advanced level of knowledge of Excel. Experience with an advanced accounting package is also important.
• You are looking to work in a team and you show initiative. You are also comfortable working in an international environment, travelling on occasion and communicating effectively via email and other electronic means.
• You are energised and motivated by a highly entrepreneurial and ambitious environment, complementing your own ambitious nature
• Knowledge and experience within the gaming industry will be considered an asset
• You are an excellent and vibrant communicator, and are able to build long term relationships on multiple levels, both within the company and with external providers and partners
• You value loyalty and are seeking a home, more than a job