Java Developer – Gibraltar, Southern Spain (Online Sportsbetting Company)
Purpose of the role:
We are looking for a skilled software developer to join a self-organising agile team in charge of developing high scalability back-end applications using Java. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of designing and developing multi-component software systems, experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Java applications, as well as experience in collaborating on software projects.
Our engineers are part of small, nimble teams that work on distinct projects, using the most adequate design patterns. They are able to identify the value and long term benefits of established standards and continue to evolve them to continue to deliver solutions that are service orientated - highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable and extensible.
You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment.
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
Experience in backend-middleware architectures – concurrency, message and service orientated architectures are your passion, and you know and follow best practices and are proficient with all aspects of modern development techniques.
• A solid engineer – you find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions, attention to detail and critical thinking skills, ability to understand and focus on business requirements.
• Solid knowledge and experience with Java (7+) and Spring framework (core, web, data, boot, integration, cloud, test, …).
• Experience with middleware messaging systems like Apache ActiveMQ or Kafka.
• Desirable experience working using CI/CD pipelines.
• Ideally experience with Vaadin and Drools frameworks.
• A good communicator – you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.
• A keen learner – you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latest trends and technologies.
• You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble.
• You get things done.