As a product owner you are creative and passionate about putting the customer first and view product development through a business lens whilst focusing on delivering value to our customers.
You will engage with our customer insight team and technologists to deliver innovative features to our customers. You will be responsible for acting as a key liaison between product and the technology teams and will be reporting in to the Head of Product.
Above all, your work will impact the experience our customers have when interacting online with our financial products.
In addition, other key responsibilities are:
• You will be a member of an Agile team and will serve as the customer proxy, responsible for working with senior product management and other stakeholders, to define, and prioritize stories in the team backlog so that the solution effectively addresses programme priorities - be they features or enablers.
• Actively engage in Programme Increment pre-planning and the quarterly planning event.
• Collaborate with system architects/development to refine the product backlog. Your primary responsibility will be for building, pruning and maintaining the team backlog. The backlog typically consists of user stories but also includes defects and enablers. Backlog items are prioritized on user value, time and other team dependencies that are determined in the PI planning meeting held each quarter and are refined during the course of the programme increment itself.
• The Product Owner will accept stories as ‘done’. This includes validation that the story meets the acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it meets the ‘definition of done’. In so doing, you will fulfil a quality assurance function that is focussed primarily on ‘fitness for use’.
• You will understand ‘enabler’ work. Whilst we do not expect you to drive technical decisions, you are expected to understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and to collaborate with system architects/development team to assist with decision-making and the sequencing of the key technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
Experience and Skills
• 3+ years experience developing high demand consumer Internet products, mobile, desktop, tablet.
• BA/BS degree in Psychology, Economics, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with solid experience in an agile/Lean software development environment
• Experience in eGaming, Financial Services/Trading, appreciated.
• Experience with agile methodology and data-informed product development
• Good communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to business people, partners and developers