Betting Jobs are currently working with a growing name in online gaming as they seek to hire an experienced Full Stack Engineer for a role to be taken remotely or from their Malta office, focusing particularly on PHP and Java/another JVM language. Contact us today for immediate consideration.
• Working remotely or in the Malta office as best suits you
• Maintaining and enhancing the current PHP based backoffice
• Working on a next generation back office in conjunction with the rest of the engineering team. Technology stack still to be decided.
• Diagnosing and fixing production issues
• Taking part in code reviews
• Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
• Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
• Finding better ways that we can get things done
• 3+ years commercial experience of PHP. Our existing backoffice and some other components are built using it.
• 2+ years experience with Java or a similar JVM based language. Our core services are written in a mixture of Java and Scala and some work there will be inevitable.
• A good visual eye for user interfaces and an instinct for creating a good user experience
• 2+ years writing raw SQL beyond just simple select statements
• Familiarity with unit/integration testing
• Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
• The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
• Experience with browser based testing e.g. Selenium, Watir, Windmill
• Experience of building a complex application using the same language in the front and back end (e.g. Scala.js, Clojurescript, Opal). Either to show us how to do it or to convince us why it’s a bad idea.
• Familiarity with writing business intelligence or analytics applications
• A small company, can-do ethos
• We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
• Working remotely but communicating constantly
• Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
• A flexible working schedule