• Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Application Architecture (AA).
• Manage, use and maintain IT/technology architecture models
• Conducts and/or actively participates in meetings related to the designated project/s, both locally and internationally, with clients and/or partners.
• Limit choices available during development by:
o choosing a standard way of pursuing application development
o creating, defining, or choosing an application framework for the application
• Recognize potential reuse in the organization or in the application by
o observing and understanding the broader system environment
o creating the component design
o having knowledge of other applications in the organization
• Subdivide a complex application, during the design phase, into smaller, more manageable pieces
• Grasp the functions of each component within the application
• Understand the interactions and dependencies among components
• Communicate these concepts to developers
• Monitor industry trends and directions in application development tools
• Provide extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance of the highest level in the creation and implementation of new development standards
• Assess technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing applications
• Plan new designs for integration into an application structure, using knowledge of the characteristics of the systems being added to the structure and the specifications for application interfaces to make sure effective integration optimal performance
• Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
• Control the management of IT/technology architectures
• Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
• Recommends and participates in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies.
• Participates in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies.
• Design, implement and maintain procedures relating to service catalogue and/or service level management activities
Major qualifying requirements
• Minimum 5 years working as a Chief Architect or Solution Architect in either Financial Services, Gaming or other e-commerce digital business.
• 5+ years’ experience as enterprise architect, solutions architect, application architect, systems architect and/or senior technical lead.
• Expert knowledge and experience with enterprise level modeling, design and development, digital platform integration, application architectures (SOA, Micro services , Event Driven Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Gang of Four, Enterprise Application Integration patterns).
• Strong ability to visualize and produce High Level and Detailed Design Artefacts and Architecture documentation (e.g., context diagrams, UML, value stream diagrams, etc.)
• Breadth of knowledge of Middleware technologies, ESB (ServiceMix, MuleSoft , jBoss), application servers and Messaging solutions.
• Demonstrated expertise with modern object oriented and functional programming languages (some of the following: Java, .net, C++, Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure, or other functional programming languages) and frameworks/concepts (e.g. Apache Camel, Spring, Rails, Struts, OSGI).
• Experience in Web and Mobile technologies, including cross-platform development, HTML5, variety of JS libraries (e.g. Angular, JQuery, etc.), Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML and Json), and PHP.
• Ability to architect applications that are hosted in the cloud which leverages SaaS, PaaS or IaaS offerings. Experience with cloud technologies, providers and cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Azure, Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce)
• Experience in SQL development (Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL server, MySQL, PostgreSQL), unstructured data, Big Data stack (MapReduce, Hadoop or similar) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB )
• Conversant in the area of visualization dashboards, web analytics and customer insights
• Strong background with UNIX/Linux, Microsoft systems.
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks and processes (TOGAF, Zachmann)
• Professional experience managing projects and development with agile/lean software development methodologies, tdd, and shared services design.
• Success implementing application monitoring and instrumentation (APM) to ensure reliability and enablement of CICD concepts and practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge of IT Security best practices and integration with application authorization and access.
• Knowledge of IT governance and operations
• Knowledge of financial modeling as it pertains to IT investment
• Interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
• Communication skills, both written and spoken
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
• Project and program management planning and organizational skills
• Customer service orientation
• Time management and prioritization
High Level of English language, spoken and written
Russian Language optional