Betting Jobs are working with an international betting/trading operator as they seek to his an experienced leader for their SysAdmin/Dev Ops team, working from their multi-cultural South Eastern Europe office.
The System Administrators Team, working in conjunction with Development team is currently focused on a transition to a DevOps oriented solution including tools such as Ansible, Docker, Jenkins and etc. to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of product and infrastructure deployment.
The SA/DevOps team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management based decision making including bringing innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike. Successful candidates will possess strong Linux technical skills, and proven DevOps and Agile experience, as well as an experience in deployment automation. Candidates must be self-motivate drive to research assigned tasks and issues working independently as well as in a team environment as needed. The role includes on-call responsibilities, which are limited by the global nature of the Systems Administration team.
Responsibilities and essential functions:
• Lead of the SAs/DevOps team
• Provide day-to-day technical leadership and task coordination and task execution as a member of the IT Operations team
• Advertise DevOps culture and lead DevOps transformation.
• Automation of processes and daily routines
• Work with management team to distribute workload to meet business needs and insure SA team delivering tasks in conjunction with commitments.
• Provide feedback on individuals performance and bonus considerations
• Participate in change processes and represent IT Operations in technical product reviews and operational events
• Provide technical direction to establish, align and evolve operational standards
• Lead Incident and Problem management processes. Insure Company’s SLAs are met.
• Troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and systems.
• Using existing ticketing systems assign tasks to staff, provide status updates and insure team members good ticket disciplines
• Use available performance tools to monitor, manage and track systems performance. Plays a key role in insuring performance data is tracked and feed to performance and capacity planning.
• Work with IT Security team to maintain the security and integrity of the network and systems.
• 2-3 years of experience leading a SA/DevOps team, insure operations on-call schedules have proper coverage
• 5+ years designing, analyzing, troubleshooting, supporting and resolving issues with LAMP based servers in a multi-tiered application architecture, especially service-oriented and micro-services architecture requiring 24x7 availability.
• 3+ years’ experience with DevOps tools (Docker, Ansible, etc.)
• Familiarity with Logstash, Kibana, Elastic Search technologies
• Familiarity writing code (at least one: Go, PHP, Java, NodeJS or C# or C++)
• Familiarity writing scripts (at least one: Python, Ruby, sh, bash, and/or others)
• Excellent knowledge of
o Linux (and/or FreeBSD) system, Web servers (Nginx/Apache)
o Cloud computing principals, Public cloud (AWS, Google) Virtualized environments (VMWare, KVM, OpenStack is preferable)
o Automation and auto provisioning tools (Docker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.)
o Data base (MySQL, Postgress, Redis)
o Networks (TCP/IP, VLAN, IPSec)
• Understanding of ESB (SeviceMix or similar), MQ (ActiveMQ, RabitMQ or similar), REST, WebSockets and Load Balancing is required.
• Ability to work independently, as well as with others, depending on scope of assignments.
• Familiarity with Agile/Lean methodologies, Kanban boards.
• Capable of multitasking, prioritize multiple assignments
• Perform technical research independently as well as a member of a team
• ITIL services knowledge
• Ability to speak and write clear English in order to facilitate clear, unambiguous communications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.