Betting Jobs are currently working with a large-scale international operator within betting/trading as they seek to hire an experienced security professional to work from their office in South Eastern Europe.
The scope of the job covers all implemented information security technologies and services, including security of applications, perimeter defenses, physical and logical access control, and access management for all employees, contractors and visitors.
• Monitoring of Information Systems security events and logs
• Participation in regular internal IT audit
• Implementation of security tools and automation for effective incident detection and response.
• Analysis of network flows to detect anomalies and possible data leaks
• Organization of PCI-DSS related security activities
• Management and optimization of Access Control processes
• Participation in system rights inventory and roles development
• Assist in building of ISO27001 framework
Knowledge & Skills
• Awareness of and experience in:
- SIEM systems
- Compliance monitoring and policy enforcement
- ISO 2700x, PCI DSS and other information security standards
- Network technologies: TCP/IP, firewalls, VPN, PKI..
- Information Security best practices.
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering and related area.
• Results-oriented and commitment focused.
• Programming skills enough for small automations
• Knowledge of pertinent regulations and laws.
• Communicate clearly about information security issues. while not creating the perception of exaggerated or unnecessary urgency. This communication style must be effective across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding.
• Build successful relationships with co-workers. Communicate and work effectively as a team member
• Exhibit good listening skills and demonstrate patience with others
• Exhibit willingness to accept differences among individuals, be open- minded, and be willing to hear and accept others’ suggestions.
• Is respectful, honest and demonstrates integrity and ethics.
• Listens effectively, shares ideas and information openly and facilitates relationship building by establishing trust.
• Interested in serving as a mentor to others
• Possesses initiative, good judgment and the ability to problem solve.
• Possesses strong business acumen with proven experience in thinking strategically and implementing tactically
• Has handled demanding workloads to meet objectives.
• Is customer focused/service oriented, and has effectively affected change.
• Embraces conflict positively
• Team player
Planning and organising
• Implement security technologies, services and best practices
Judgement and decision making
• Develop and implement procedures and controls related to information security.
• Independently contribute ideas and process improvements and look for creative solutions and better ways of doing things, in order to meet goals of continuous improvement
• Identify, analyze, and address problems in order to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes the negative impact on the organization
• Make appropriate, timely, and effective decisions, in order to support the work of the company, its divisions and departments
Must have proficient expertise in both business and technical facets of their role.
In addition to basic duties:
• Installation, supporting and maintaining of IT security services, withal servers, computer networks, workstations and other computer systems.
• Monitor, detect, diagnose and fix service outages and other problems.
• Investigation and manage of complex IT security incidents and problems.
• Drive new information security initiatives.
Responsibility for resources
IT Security Specialist should manage the available resources effectively.
List of resources for IT Security Specialist:
• Human Resources (Shared and Dedicated) – most crucial of all the resources
• Computer Resources (Laptop, SIP, Polycom video conference)
• External services
Demands on the role holder
• Ability to travel, sometimes overnight.
• Sufficient vision acuity for routine computer use, and moderate to heavy reading and writing responsibilities.
• Position requires walking, sitting and standing at moderate levels.
• Stamina able to be maintained to manage a work level that normally exceeds 40 hours per week.
• Position requires a high level of all forms of communication skills: written, verbal, listening.