Senior Software Engineer
The fastest growing payments solution in Emerging Markets is powered by PHP. This is your chance to make a profound impact on the tools and platform that powers those websites, while also greatly expanding your technical skills.
In this role, you'll be working with a team to develop and maintain a financial transaction platform that allows our customers to make payments in local currencies all over the world, as well as develop APIs that enable merchant sites to integrate the platform into their business.
The company are obsessive about their customers' uptime, security, scalability and developer experience and as such are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Their many site engineering team utilizes a variety of programming languages and technologies to tackle many interesting architecture and scalability challenges. Although they run PHP & MySQL at a massive scale for our customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements.
• Work in an agile team owning and operating the services you build
• Design and develop tools that automate key processes in customer site operations and scale it to handle thousands of transactions per day
• Design & develop a wide range of Platform as a Service features enabling the next generation of websites and applications to be built
• Debug the toughest distributed systems production issues
• Strong software development and technical leadership skills
• Passion for websites and website delivery architecture
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
• Automated testing experience
• 4 years of related experience
• Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Azure, etc.)
• Task automation experience
• Web Development
• Containerization: Docker, LXC, etc.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written