Sr. Network Development Engineer - AWS/Infrastructure
Payments Provide - Montevideo, Uruguay
Searching for industry-leading Senior Network Engineers and Architects to join our client team. The candidate will own the design, scalability, and availability of the global networks that power the fastest growing payments solution in emerging markets.
The ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with important work on an incredible platform that is shaping the direction of the payments industry in emerging markets. The candidate will work with the Chief Security Officer to deliver solutions that maximize business value, scalability, and reliability.
• As a Senior Network Engineer, you will have end to end ownership (architecture/design/scale) of our current and newly developing networks.
• Lead the design of highly available ultra-scale networks, driving them from concept to launch.
• Define and influence strategy within and outside the team.
• Lead project teams to deliver enhanced benefits to our customers.
• Work closely with our software developers to full automate network deployment and operations.
• Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability.
• Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Review and implement changes on the network.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, & VPC).
• In depth knowledge of public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, Softlayer or other major vendors of public cloud
• Proven experience designing and delivering complex large scale networks.
• Expert understanding of IP networking technologies and protocols
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective project and time management skills
• Background in high availability edge networking, CDN, ISP, cloud service provider
• Experience with mission critical systems
• Knowledge of Unix and scripting languages are highly desirable