QA Automation Engineer (Selenium) – Montevideo, Uruguay
The QA Automation Engineer performs software quality assurance tasks to ensure that developed products and services meet design specifications, are scalable and reliable and meet total quality management criteria and standards. Communicates with product & operations organization regarding test results and works with engineering team as well as with cross-functional teams to interpret feedback into product changes. Documents and reports on software performance issues. Communicates with developers, project managers and other development staff regarding software performance issues and testing processes. Develops test automation scripts and executes both manual and automated testing protocols.
• Leads examination, validation and testing of software systems.
• Performs complex QA projects, tasks.
• Develops and executes moderate to highly complex scripted automated tests under management supervision.
Executes manual and automated test cases resolving moderate to highly complex, projects.
• Partners heavily with engineering team to interpret client feedback into product iterations.
• Writes requirements and functional specifications for moderate to highly complex automated test plans and protocols for large projects
• Performs or oversees final checks and releases code to production; validates and signs off on complex test plans.
• Leads the creation of QA documentation, documents system and framework architectures.
• Participates in the development of broad technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
• Design and Develop automated test scripts – preferably in Selenium
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques to resolve issues.
• Troubleshoots highly complex problems, identifies opportunities and “champions” the development of solutions.
• Decisions and actions regularly have a significant influence on the work of team members, other teams or assigned projects.
• Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced QA engineers.
• Functions independently to determine creative methods to complete complex assignments.
• At least 2 years of experience in software development and/or QA engineering.
• Advance knowledge of software QA engineering processes, test automation, building and testing frameworks, and consumer-facing applications and databases.
• Experience with a Source Code Management system (SVN, Git, SourceSafe, etc.) - preferably GiT
• Experience with Mobile (iOS/Android)
• Experience writing scripts in Selenium