Betting Jobs are currently working with a major name in sports betting as they seek to hire an experienced Software Engineer for back end development on their sports betting platform.
We are developing a software platform to meet the growing demand of the betting industry for modernisation of its core trading systems and functions. This is an opportunity to build a great reputation and establish a leading presence.
You will join a team of highly regarded software engineers and you will have the gift to influence others with your own opinions in technical matters. You will develop and maintain software for a variety of trade desk functions (such as betting, risk management, analytics etc.) and across all tiers. Establishing early and continuous feedback loops with stakeholders for high quality outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
• A solid understanding and demonstrable experience of C#/.net and web based development
• Proven record in developing scalable, highly-available and highly-performing middle-tier components
• Experience in developing HTTP-based APIs and implementation of RESTful services with JSON
• Push technologies (e.g. web sockets, SignalR)
• Experience with communications technologies (e.g. WCF, Web API, Google Protocol Buffers) and message queues (e.g. Rabbit MQ)
• Experience with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB) and in-memory distributed caches (e.g. Redis) and search products (e.g. ElasticSearch)
• Understanding of concurrency and distributed systems
• Understand the concepts of REST
• Experience in working in a highly agile cross functional development team.
• Willing and enthusiastic to be part of the full software delivery lifecycle, and working in a DevOps environment. Including automated testing and deployment, and continuous and interactive delivery.
• You enjoy autonomy and responsibility.
Extra marks if you have:
• Experience with TeamCity, Octopus or other continuous integration and continuous delivery software.
• Knowledge of spread betting or/and the bookmaking industry
• A passion for sport