The Regulatory Compliance Assistant within the Gaming Industry will be working with the Regulatory Compliance manager to ensure that the organisation understand and comply with any regulations that apply to this type of business.
Regulatory Compliance maintain records of compliance activities, including adhering to licensing conditions, any complaints or investigations raised by the authorities or customers. They provide reports to the senior executive team, highlighting any areas of potential risk to the company. They also file copies of such reports with regulatory authorities or approved organisations to demonstrate that the company is following appropriate procedures. If a breach of regulations occurs, they must report it to the proper regulatory authority.
They require excellent analytical skills so that they can understand the implications and complexities of different regulations and have good communication skills to be able to talk about regulatory requirements to a wider technical audience. They perform periodical checks and evaluation of the technical compliance by verifying that procedures and policies are followed as specified during the authorization process.
The Regulatory Compliance team is required to take responsibility for regulatory compliance within the company. They will be required to monitor, assess, review and report to management on any upcoming gaming/gambling related regulatory changes, ensuring that products and systems comply with rules and regulations.
The successful individual will develop an in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements within the gambling industry and will undertake a variety of tasks including, reviewing and understanding jurisdictional regulations, assist in the planning of activities to ensure compliance activities are delivered in a timely manner, creation of regulatory change and incident reports, ……
The Regulatory Compliance assistant will report directly with the Regulator Compliance Manager, and on occasion will liaise with senior managers and project teams to provide guidance and support from a compliance function perspective.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Regulatory Compliance Assistant will include, but are not limited to:
• Create and maintain the regulative compliance reports for each licensing authority, namely Change Management and Incident Management reports.
• Manage high profile licensing incidents that create a compliance risk to the business.
• Build and maintain relationships with the management and staff within the internal IT and other business functions.
• Build and maintain relationships with third party providers (e.g. Approved Testing Organisations (ATOs) and other regulatory stakeholders).
• Assist in the collating and documenting information necessary for licence applications and renewals and regular compliance audits.
• Assist in the coordination of jurisdictional requirements with the company work plans.
• Support in adapting and improving compliance processes to adhere to all regulatory requirements.
• Policing business processes ensuring compliance with the licensing conditions for each jurisdiction.
• Working closely with other business functions (e.g. business analysts, project managers and IT operations and support), providing guidance and support to regulations, codes and standards.
• Document changes to existing and new business processes.
• 2+ years’ experience in online and/or retail gaming and gambling systems
• Working knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance within the gaming industry.
• Experience in developing and implementing policies, procedures and processes.
• Ability to work independently and confidently, under own initiative, as well as with other teams.
• Exceptional communication (oral/ written) skills.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and good attention to detail.
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with employees at all levels of the business.
• Proven experience with MS Office tools.
• Professional work ethic.
• Awareness of ISO 27001 Information Security Standard.
• Familiar with ITIL Service Management practices.