Betting Jobs are working with an established international gaming company as they seek to build a new tech team in a modern North London setting. Key to these ambitions is hiring a senior Java-profile with leadership experience, contact us today for further information.
The Technical Team Leader is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering development projects of varying size and complexity. The Team Leader is responsible for being a part of development, directing, organizing and controlling the project activities, under the direction of the Project Management located in overseas.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Java Team Leader is responsible for controlling the development lifecycle from beginning to end. This may include anything from attending meetings and taking minutes, to receiving project documents and compiling a summary that includes a project plan, target date and list of responsibilities and responsible person.
• Guide your team in development of an n-tier Java application.
• Act as a mentor and trainer on Agile Principles
• Be responsible for production of high quality, maintainable code
• Solve challenging technical problems within distributed environments
• Design and develop high quality code
• Participate on Code Reviews
• Investigate live issues using tools such as Dynatrace
• Support and be the point of contact for front-end teams integrating 3rd party games
• Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
• Keeping focus on enhancing the existing continuous integration experience and on evolving the nascent continuous delivery pipeline.
• Line management of your team members
• Actively work to identify and remove impediments early
• Protect your team from distractions and interference
Planning & Administrative & Communication tasks
• Lead the project team and coordinate the project:
• Ensure the effective preparation and delivery of the project;
• Hold meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members;
• Take responsibility for the effective flow of information between project team members
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the PM and project team;
• Communicate with operation and support team in case of any circumstances.
Essential Technical Skills
• Strong Java experience (Java 7, 8)
• Spring, JPA api's (Hibernate will be advantage), Jsp, Jsf (Primefaces will be advantage), web sockets (atmosphere framework knowledge will be advance)
• Strong Experience in B2B integration projects using web services, REST services, sockets, java sevlets, FTP and similiar technologies
• Strong Experience in Java multi-thread applications
• Basic knowledge of json, xml, html & java script (jquery will be advantage)
• Strong SQL & PL/SQL experience
• Database -Oracle, (Postgres will be advantage)
• 5+ Years of Development Experience
• Experience in OOPS & MVC concepts and design patterns
• Ability to write efficient, clear code that is easy to maintain and test Development & Review tasks
• Initially to integrate to ongoing Sportsbook & Casino project, but to work on other online betting products in the future
• Working through all stages of software delivery lifecycle from requirements refinement, development, testing, release & maintenance
• Be highly organised, able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
• Be proactive, motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Review codes developed by other team members.