Betting Jobs are working with a major international gaming & betting operator as they look to hire a Senior Java Developer for their growing Gibraltar office.
As a Senior Java Developer you will design, implement and ship back-end software code as part of a team of expert sports betting software engineers. You will tackle the technical aspects of implementing a high-throughput, scalable, highly available service oriented architecture. You will be passionate about technology and contribute to our continually evolving technical roadmap.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
• At least five years of experience with Java and open source software (e.g. Spring)
• Previously worked on sports betting or financial trading systems
• Good knowledge of SQL, preferably with Oracle databases
• Experience designing and building RESTful web service APIs
• Passion for writing high quality, rock solid software, including test automation (unit/integration)
• Previously worked on large scale multi-¬‐threaded projects
• Demonstrable knowledge of Maven and Linux
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Experience building highly transactional, high volume distributed server applications
• Knowledge of JVM monitoring and performance tuning Java applications, as well as troubleshooting issues in production
• Have worked in an Agile software development environment
• Experience developing back office trading tools in Java