Primarily supporting bespoke Linux/Windows based applications and services you should have at least 3 years’ experience in a commercial environment. You will also provide technical support for an expanding server infrastructure and participate in project related tasks. The role involves weekend and shift work as well as a regular On-Call support rota.
• Troubleshooting applications and services
• Proactive analysis and incident reduction
• Execution of incident and problem management processes in line with agreed KPI's
• Deployment, tuning and upgrade of applications and services
• Installation and configuration of servers and environments
• Implementation of automation technologies to aid productivity
• Enhancement of application and service monitoring/backups.
• Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
• Investigation and implementation of new technologies and new ideas
• Support for internal users and external parties
Your technical profile:
• Commercial experience of Debian with Package Management or RHEL / CentOS and Windows Server 2008/2012
• Strong knowledge of Postgres other database technologies beneficial.
• Working knowledge of Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Backup Exec, NetValt.
• Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Munin, Cacti.
• Previous use of Configuration Management tools (e.g.SaltStack) preferred or Puppet/Chef.
• Experience of Log Management and associated tools
• Proven competence in analysis, design, development, and testing solutions.
• Source repository Management i.e. Git/SVN
• Automation tools ie Jenkins
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver to a high standard whilst under pressure
• Eagerness to work in a dynamic environment and take on new challenges
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with employees at all levels of the business.
• Ability to work on /learn bespoke Systems.
• Experience of Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, HyperV, Citrix)
• Background in Networking with particular knowledge of Cisco and F5 technologies
• Knowledge of HP Hardware
• A background in ITIL
• Gaming & Betting knowledge
• Willingness to travel to Offices outside the UK.
• Previous Development Experience.