The role of the Test Lead (with automation) is to help the software development team achieve quality and performance goals. The ideal candidate will be an active software testing professional who has a passion for it. This role requires an inquisitive, proactive mind and a genuine interest in technology.
The Test Lead (with automation) is responsible for evaluating and reporting on the quality of software products. This includes the planning and estimating of overall test strategy, submitting bugs, developing test plans, designing and running tests, progress reporting and reporting on product quality, covering both functional and non-functional requirements. Knowledge of automated tools and techniques is highly desirable. The role also involves working closely with the Development Team to make sure everything is executed as effectively and efficiently as possible.
• Plan, estimate, and review test strategy (including automation) on a project basis meeting deadlines
• Develop and execute comprehensive test plans (including automation) that explain the test strategy for a project.
• Implementing change control records and monitoring
• Review requirements and designs
• Create and maintain documentation for QA procedures
• Report on test lifecycle progress
• Log bug reports with attention to detail
• Alert team to emerging issues and concerns
• Champion process improvement to drive quality and best practice.
• Support junior testers by reviewing work and providing feedback
• Work with the QA Manager and Problem Analyst to improve QA processes
• Produce progress reports for Project Managers with Project Status from QA perspective in a timely and efficient manner.
• Proficient in test plan development and execution.
• Performs system testing of functional and non functional requirements.
• Ability to work within multiple software development lifecycle processes.
• Analyse business requirements and procedures to define, build and execute test scripts and document expected results
• Driven by quality and professionalism
• Knowledge of automated web and API testing tools, such as Selenium / Cucumber / Gherkin / SOAPUI or bespoke tools and also load and performance tools (e.g. LoadRunner)
• An understanding of test automation techniques
• Knowledge of design and implementation of automated frameworks for both online and API solutions and plan for the scalability and maintenance of any implementation
• Ability to work within, teach, and improve multiple software development lifecycle processes.
Knowledge and experience:
• Able to provide evidence of successfully working in software QA development
• Experience of working in both Linux and Windows environments is desirable
• SQL Server experience desirable
• Experience of Automated Testing and Continuous Integration desirable
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with employees at all levels of the business as well as external partners.
• Resilient, approachable with the ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast paced pan–european environment.
• Ability to operate as a team player, with a flexible and positive attitude.
• Always operates with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and fidelity, acting in the best interest of the business at all times.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, effectively prioritise and deliver to a high standard whilst under pressure.