An established Private VC business is looking to hire a CFO for their HQ in London. The organization's strategic business model is based around backing early stage start ups, which are primarily focused on sectors which have technology at their core. The team comprises of experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds including technology, e-commerce, finance and law and who have all operated in a number of jurisdictions across the world.
They pride ourselves in having maintained steady expansion to date through the consistent pursuit of excellence. The HQ is in London with six liaison offices globally, they offer services in Europe, North America, Africa and Asia.
The business are looking for an experienced CFO to help them grow and take them to the next level on their growth curve. As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company. The CFO will have primary responsibility for functions including corporate finance; financial planning, modeling and analysis; as well as implementing and managing all accounting and finance-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for capital sourcing (equity and debt) and investment management; accounting; cash flow management; financial analysis, reporting, and forecasting; deal and portfolio risk/return analysis; risk management and controls; etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Work with CEO and executive management to develop and carry out financial strategy and overall strategic plan for the company
o Analyzing potential targets for acquisition and full forensic analysis
o Integration post merger/acquisition and introducing financial controls
· Capital and Investment Management
o Develop a capital strategy and plan for the company. Work with the Multifamily Department to raise and deploy both equity and debt capital, while monitoring and mitigating financial and liquidity risks.
o Develop and implement investment management function to ensure the effective fulfillment of our fiduciary responsibilities for our investors
o Develop a liquidity strategy for company, including cash flow reporting, forecasting, and management plan.
· Financial Planning, Modeling, and Analytics
o Develop financial and economic modeling and analytic capabilities in order to develop a market cycle strategy and quantify risk/returns at the asset and portfolio levels, including the development of and reporting for PVA measures for the company as well as the profitability of each business vertical.
o Analyze trends in global markets. Conduct market research to identify macro and micro economic threats and opportunities as well as to provide ongoing support to the business verticals.
o Complete all required reporting for 3rd parties.
· Accounting and Reporting
o Design, develop, and implement governance, performance, management and financial reporting systems and capabilities.
o Ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting of our financial results at the line of business level as well as on a consolidated basis.
o Oversee and manage outsourced finance and accounting functions, as applicable.
o Design monthly reporting dashboards and management reports. Monitor key performance indicators and recommend and implement improvements.
o Ensure that the company’s legal structure optimizes tax, operational, and reporting efficiencies.
o Develop tax strategy, and compliance functions. Meet all tax filing and reporting requirements for the company and investors.
· Risk Management / Controls and Compliance
o Work closely with legal to support the documentation and review of legal documents, including contracts, agreements, acquisition and sales documents, loan documents, and joint venture agreements.
o Work with legal to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
o Design and maintain effective financial controls. Understand and implement Sarbanes Oxley as it relates to Private Companies and best-practices related to financial controls.
· Budget and Expense Management
o Prepare and maintain budgets and financial forecasting models.
o Develop monthly budget-to-actual reporting (summary and detail) to promote active management of the budget by all departments within the company.
o Perform budget analysis (with trends and forecasts) and recommend areas for potential cost reduction throughout the company. Champion cost reduction efforts as identified.
· Department Management
o Supervise, train, recruit and evaluate assigned accounting and financial personnel.
o Maintain and exhibit exemplary ethics, and preserve the company’s culture of honesty and integrity.
The ideal candidate:
· Needs to have had experience of working within a fast pace, pressurised, entrepreneurial environment -- working alongside and advising the Board, raising capital, and building the financial, accounting, and administrative infrastructure that allows a company to grow exponentially.
· Hands-on approach to issues to get the job done and not simply elongate the process and to have the judgment to successfully navigate complex negotiations.
· Will cornet and develop future systems, processes and reporting mechanisms (for a variety of audiences – BAU, Board and Investors) – in a thoughtful, simplified and integrated fashion.
· Understands the need for rigor around financial analysis and strategic modeling, budgeting, forecasting, meeting margins and targeted deployment of working capital.
· Works well with other team members to improve efficiencies and anticipates financial issues before they occur.
· Represents the company professionally to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors, etc.
· Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
· Has a proactive approach with vendors and can negotiate favorable terms, demonstrating an entrepreneurial flair.
· Is experienced in creating and managing comprehensive financial models.
· Will lead audit plans, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and review/document internal controls.
· Can identify and highlight business risks and opportunities.
· Is able to collaborate with a diverse entrepreneurial team.
Job Type: Full-time
• London, UK
· Bachelor's degree
· CPA or Equivalent Certification in Accounting or Finance
· 10+ years of experience in CFO or senior/executive finance management roles with mid-to-large size organizations.
· Experience with capital sourcing – equity and debt – with established investor relationships in the industry.
· Proven track record of creating/improving accounting functions and building accounting systems and processes.
· Advanced understanding of accounting and tax matters internationally.
· Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
· Ability to build teams and organized, efficient processes to handle large volumes of work in a fast paced environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with an Entrepreneurial Venture Capital firms or family office will be preferred
· Solid financial modeling skills.
· Ability to translate complex ideas into executable strategies.
· Team player, with demonstrated formal and informal leadership skills.
· Self-motivated, independent thinker and a team player, who will hit the ground running.
. demonstrates integrity, loyalty and a hard work ethic, with a can do attitude.
For more information on this exciting role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org