A leading iGaming company based in the Brighton area are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join ther team
This is an opportunity to join the development team of a creative, fast-growing, profitable, independent software company.
The company are an independent software company who have pioneered Virtual Football products since 2002 and are now at the forefront of HTML5 development with well over 100 games, including Virtual Sports, Table Games and Slots. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual wanting to bring their skills to an organization at the leading edge of softgaming technology with a range of household name clients including Bet365, Ladbrokes and Bwin.
We have an immediate vacancy for a Java Developer, where you will assist on projects ranging from design, prototype and development phases.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Initially to develop and deliver new slots engine, but to work on other gaming products in the future
• Working through all stages of software delivery lifecycle from requirements refinement, development, testing, release & maintenance
• Work with the team in an agile continuous delivery model
• Help support the use of the delivered game components and tools
• Creating clear documentation on the design and functionality of all products developed
The successful candidate will
• Have a willingness to learn
• Be highly organised, able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
• Be proactive, motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Have the ability to write clean commented code
• Have good attention to detail
• Be able to communicate effectively whether talking to someone technical or non-technical, both internally and with development partners.
Essential Technical Skills
• Strong Java experience (Java 8)
• Database –MySQL
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or related)
• 2-4 Years of Development Experience
• Experience in OOPS concepts and design patterns
• Ability to write efficient, clear code that is easy to maintain and test
Desirably will have
• Game industry experience
• Web services/REST services
• JUnit and automated testing
• Familiarity with Linux
• Good Mathematical skills, particularly in statistically analysis