A leading Sportsbetting business are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join the team as a Commercial Operations Manager. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Operations, the new recruit will manage the day-to-day commercial relationships with partners and suppliers that underpin their market-leading services, helping deliver value for money to the Group and their partners.
The Commercial Operations Manager will also play a key role in identifying and evaluating commercial and strategic opportunities, working alongside internal stakeholders to formulate commercial proposals and appraise new product additions. In doing so the successful applicant will gain a unique opportunity to learn how commercial and strategic concepts are applied in the betting and gaming industry, and be given the responsibility to make a real and valued contribution to our ongoing success.
The successful applicant will:
- Manage communications with partners and suppliers on day-to-day commercial matters, including financial reporting and invoicing, contractual queries and new product opportunities.
- Assist in developing pricing approaches for new sales campaigns and initiatives, in keeping with overall sales strategy; and support product price list refinement based on feedback from partners, prospects and business development team.
- Liaise with the Group’s finance function to oversee the preparation of monthly performance analysis, product usage reports and commission statements.
- Support the business development, product and finance/ legal functions in the procurement process, and take ownership of formal tender submissions and on-boarding agreements prior to Partners releasing new services.
- Using a comprehensive pool of data on partner consumption and performance, plan upsell opportunities and conduct gap-analysis against competitor products.
- Work with the legal team and company secretariat to oversee an up-to-date database of partner and supplier agreements, and use to instigate a strategic approach to contract renewals.
External – Operational and commercial staff at partner companies and suppliers to ensure strong communication lines.
Internal – Business Development, Product & Operations / Finance / Legal teams to ensure communication of customer needs and to follow up actions.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- A business or marketing degree is preferred, but not as important as a genuine interest in the corporate world and an insatiable appetite to learn how commercial and strategic concepts are applied in the betting and gaming industry.
- Ideally the candidate will be able to evidence sound commercial acumen, be it through prior work placement or similar, and an interest in sports betting.
- The candidate will have a degree in any discipline, with excellent written and numerical skills and a sound understanding of Microsoft office, particularly Excel.
- They will be enthusiastic, motivated and self-confident, with the ability to form excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
For more information on this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org