BettingJobs are working with a new player in the online casino space who will be launching their brand very soon. They are traditionally a land-based operator, this role will be working within the online division. They are currently looking to add a AML & RG Operations Manager to join their team in Malta.
• Be responsible for the day-to-day management of RG and AML Operations.
• Play a pivotal role in shaping the growth of the RG and AML teams.
• Lead the designing, implementation and maintenance of internal RG, AML compliance, risk assessment and operational procedures.
• Ensure you are aware of any regulatory or market changes affecting your function, and that any casework is handled in compliance with regulatory standards and requirements.
• Investigate customers detected on RG and AML models and take appropriate actions as per established processes.
• Performing risk assessment of new/current players throughout their customer journey, gathering, and analyzing due diligence data for KYC, EDD, customer source of wealth, and taking appropriate action to ensure customers maintain a sustainable level of spending.
• Review potential matches against various regulatory watchlists and conduct additional research to ascertain validity of matches; escalate potentially suspicious activity to the MLRO.
• Collaborate with internal teams including Compliance, MLRO to implement RG, AML best practices and risk mitigation strategies.
• Assist in handling requests for information from law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
• Provide training and support to new starters in the team or members from other teams/departments when necessary.
• Provide regular reports and/or updates to senior management as necessary and required.
• At least 2 years of experience working in a similar role.
• Experience of working in multiple regulated markets with MGA as a minimum, exposure to other markets being considered an asset.
• Strong understanding of responsible gambling and anti-money laundering practices and regulations.
• Candidate will be prepared to help with improving operational efficiency whilst ensuring regulatory compliance and player safety.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical thinking, and reporting skills.