BettingJobs is working with a rapid growth iGaming group who are expanding their B2C vertical with the addition of a Legal & Compliance Officer.
• To provide legal and regulatory advice regarding a variety of topics.
• To review and provide advice on data protection aspects of agreements/contracts.
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice.
• Draft and review agreements, contracts, and other legal documents.
• Act as data protection officer where applicable and guide on data challenges
• To ensure that data subjects are informed about their data protection rights, obligations and responsibilities and raise awareness about them.
• Support with the onboarding of new suppliers and vendors from an AML and due diligence perspective ensuring that thorough checks, due diligence, and background information are evaluated.
• To ensure data protection compliance within the company and to help the company be accountable in this respect.
• To ensure that all data is processed and stored in the appropriate manner according to legal requirements.
• To inform the company immediately of any areas whereby there are any failures in adhering to the legal regulations and advise on how to ensure that the company is compliant Assisting and handling due diligence requests for different third parties.
• Assisting and handling of complaints from regulatory authorities, including record keeping of such complaints and disputes.
• Assisting with licence applications.
• Assisting with regulatory reports and audits.
• Be familiar and keeping abreast of new legislation and regulatory updates in relevant areas.
• Compiling data for data subject requests, assist in data portability requests of any other GDPR matter.
• Working closely with the Tech team to provide support in delivering new technologies, ensuring the company remains compliant with upcoming regulatory changes.
• Applicable degree and minimum of 2-3 years’ of post-graduation working experience in the role of data protection officer, legal counsel, compliance manager/officer or similar.
• Strong knowledge of GDPR and other relevant data protection legislation.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: contract law, licensing, responsible gaming, AML, due diligence, regulation of payment services.
• Experience within a similar role within the iGaming industry is considered an asset.