BettingJobs is working with a well-established consulting service that focuses on statistical analysis, financial technologies and risk management. They are seeking to expand their team in San Jose, Costa Rica by appointing a Business Analyst who will use their technical expertise to support the organisation through the delivery of insightful analytics that facilitates improved KPI performance and more effective decision-making.
The Analyst role would be well suited to an individual with excellent coding skills who is looking to progress their career in Business Analytics.
• Utilize data to make actionable recommendations at all levels.
• Help identify the business data needed to produce the most useful insights and future analytics.
• Communicate insights and recommendations effectively to the broader team.
• Prepare analytical reports regarding the operations on a weekly/monthly basis and as requested.
• Track, report and analyze customer sentiment from all relevant sources and partner with teams cross-functionally to support improvements in the areas identified as most impacting the customer experience.
• Determines measures, baselines, tolerances, and normal variability for KPIs. Able to articulate these concepts and parameters for data presented.
• Recommend and design local testing efforts within the business focused on improving KPI performance, ensuring that the relevant framework is in place for effective analysis of the test data.
• Support the KPI target-setting process to ensure they are effectively aligned with achieving the businesses’ overall objectives.
• Provides consultative support and training on interpreting data and using reporting tools.
• Recommend and participate in process improvement initiatives.
• Process ad-hoc requests for data that is not readily available in existing reports.
• Contribute to data dictionary, standards, training, and ongoing updates.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Business-related field with a concentration in statistics.
• Experience in coding is essential, knowledge of SQL, Python or R.
• Skills in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and in reasoning and problem solving through mathematical processes.
• Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
• Be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and other applications of technology.
• Adept communicator with strong service orientation skills and a genuine commitment to excellence.
• Business and tech-savvy with the ability to see both the “big picture” and the minute details.
• Has an enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight relevant to the company’s objectives.
• Keen attention to detail and time management to deliver high-quality work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines.