BettingJobs are seeking a Senior Trader for an expanding Sportsbook in their London office. The senior Trader will take on key role within the team and will be responsible for the training and development of junior members of the team and acting as a subject matter expert for any complex trading-related queries.
This role would be well suited to an experienced Trader with an interest in eSports, Football and Basketball looking to take on a senior role within a growing sportsbook.
• Trading competitive gaming and other betting products as required.
• To act as an escalation point for junior traders.
• Assist with onboarding new members of the trading team.
• Motivates others to achieve goals, acts as a positive role model for others.
• To support the ongoing development of existing traders.
• Ensure that existing trading procedures are correctly adhered to.
• Displays positive attitudes and behaviours at all times.
• Rigorously test existing algorithms and trader applications to identify areas for improvement.
• To ensure that suitable processes are in place to optimise performance and meet customer needs.
• Evaluate betting products against competitors and to suggest areas for development/improvement.
• Ensuring all issues are correctly reported and logged.
• To assist the Trading Product Manager with the development and testing of new products.
• To assist senior members of the department in monitoring and reporting on product performance.
• Ensure that all customers are supported efficiently and in real-time.
• Liaise with suppliers, customers and other internal departments to ensure the best possible end-to-end product and take a prominent role in ensuring the successful running of the operation.
• Support senior trading management with executing and optimising trading strategy.
• Demonstrable experience as a trader, ideally trading basketball or football.
• Strong mathematical skills and understanding of algorithms.
• Full understanding of the implications of trading issues on customers.
• Excellent numerate skills including experience of using excel to a high level.
• The ability to make effective decisions and react promptly to customer-impacting issues.
• Excellent communication & organisational skills with the ability to articulate key business information quickly and effectively.
• Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
• Eagerness to learn and develop.
• Passion for sports.
• Desire to lead and develop a team.
• Must be willing to work on a shift pattern which includes evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Knowledge of and/or interest in basketball.
• Knowledge of and/or experience in working with technical teams.
• Experience in building/refining trader tools.
• Experience with honing algorithms.
• Experience of working with data and/or prediction models.
• Strong general IT skills, including advanced-level Excel.